Call for Entries: “Aural Machina“
DEADLINE: Tuesday, November 16, 2010.
Exhibition Dates: Dec 16 – Feb 4
Guest Juror: Daniel Yasmin
The Crucible’s Cathedral Gallery is looking for Bay Area artists to participate in our upcoming group sculpture exhibit Aural Machina. We seek sculptural works of art that produce sound and can be considered an “instrument” – and we are open to any interpretation of what an instrument is. Both traditional and experimental work will be considered as long as the work is constructed by hand and made with the intention to create sound. We especially encourage artists with work that has an interactive element to apply.
• Artwork submitted must be 3D or have a 3D sculptural element.
• Artist(s) must be living and/or working in the Bay Area.
• Artwork must be able to fit through a standard door (80” x 36”).
• The artwork submitted must be available for the listed exhibition dates.
• Completed Submission Form –
• Artist Statement and Biography for each artist (1 page max, portrait requested)
• Up to 5 IMAGES of artwork. (5 maximum permitted.)
– Submit ONE FULL view image and ONE DETAIL image for each submission.
– Images should be in HIGH QUALITY JPEG format (72 dpi, 1115x 1440 pixels min).
– Images should be orientated correctly.
– Name files with artist’s last name followed by the entry number as noted on the entry form (i.e. jones1.jpeg, jones1detail.jpeg, etc).
– Video documentation should be submitted for interactive or kinetic work, via an online video link or video file burned to CD.
To Submit: Email all forms, statements, digital images to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tues, Nov 16 Submission DEADLINE
Mon, Nov 22 Notification of Acceptance
Dec 4, 5, 6 Art Drop Off
Thurs, Dec 16 Opening Reception, 6-9pm
Fri, Feb 4 Closing Show, 6-9pm
Send Email Submissions and Questions to:
or call Daniel Stauber at
(510) 444-0919 X106