Call for Entries: “Delirium’s Feign“
Deadline for Entries is October 1, 2010.
The Crucible’s Cathedral Gallery is looking for Bay Area artists to participate in their upcoming group sculpture exhibit, Delirium’s Feign. Ushering in the fall and onset of Hollow’s Eve, this exhibit will feature works that challenge the sublime, complicate the surreal, make you question what is before your eyes and maybe even make you question your own sanity…
For this exhibit, all sculptural mediums used at The Crucible are eligible, including large and small-scale sculpture in metal, glass, clay, wood, virtually anything cast, kinetic, etc. We are looking for work that exhibits the irrational, the disillusioned, the malformed, the deviant, the mutated, work that can be categorized as daunting, disorienting . . . that may even be conceived to ride the edge of madness.
This Exhibit will run October 21st – December 3rd, 2010 at the Crucible’s Cathedral Gallery located at 1603 Broadway in Downtown Oakland in the historic Cathedral Building. The Cathedral Gallery’s Mission is to promote public engagement in Crucible workshops and events and to showcase the diverse community of fine and industrial artists in the Bay Area.
INSTRUCTIONS TO SUBMIT:
1. Complete Submission Form. Click Here to Download Submission Form. There is a limit of 5 submissions per artist. Prepare images as specified below:
• Submit ONE FULL view image and ONE DETAIL image of the each submission.
• The images MUST meet the following specifications: Files should be named as such artist’s last name followed by the entry number as noted on the entry form (i.e. Jones1.jpg, Jones1detail.jpg, Jones2.jpg, Jones2detail.jpg, etc.).
• The image files should be in HIGH QUALITY JPEG format (images should be no smaller than 1115 X 1440 pixels and 72dpi).
• Images MUST be oriented properly.
• If entry is interactive or kinetic, please include a VIDEO LINK/ or a VIDEO FILE in your submission.
3. E-mail the “Submission Form” and Images to: email@example.com
(We prefer E-mail in our effort of being eco-conscious. If E-mail is not an option, submissions may also be mailed or dropped off to: The Crucible c/o Daniel Stauber, 1260 7th Street, Oakland, California 94607 during business hours Monday-Thursday 10-6, Friday 10-2)
4. Deadline for Entries is October 1, 2010.
No late submissions will be accepted. Notifications of acceptance will be October 6, 2010.
Art drop-off will begin October 16, 2010. The Opening Night is October 21, 2010. This Exhibit will be running October 21st – December 3rd, 2010. Please forward to others who might be interested.