The Crucible’s Cathedral Gallery
CALL FOR YOUTH ART
Bay Area Youth Flaunting their Sculptural Explorations
Deadline for Submission: Friday, July 30th, 2010
The Crucibleʼs Cathedral Gallery is producing itʼs first its first Bay Area Youth Sculpture Show, Flamboastinʼ. We are seeking three dimensional artwork made by Bay Area youth, including but not limited to: metal jewelry, ceramics, sculpture, glass, woodworking, blacksmithing, and kinetic artwork. If you are between the ages of 8 and 17 we strongly encourage you to submit your work! All Bay Area youth are eligible.
There will be three categories defined by age: 8-10, 11-14, and 15-17 years We encourage parents to assist younger artists with the application process.
HOW TO APPLY:
We encourage parents to assist younger students with the application.
The Crucible is a non-profit educational facility that fosters a collaboration of Arts, Industry and Community. Through training in the fine and industrial arts, The Crucible promotes creative expression, reuse of materials and innovative design while serving as an accessible arts venue for the general public. Our youth art program is one of the most vibrant curricula in the Bay Area. It is widely known for providing an introduction to mediums that otherwise would be difficult to for youth to access.
Guidelines and Eligibility:
• Youth Artists must be or between the ages of 8 – 17
• Artists must live in the Bay Area.
• All work must remain in gallery for the duration of the exhibit (until October 1st).
• All work submitted must have a sculptural element or three dimensional quality to be considered. (2-D work will not be considered).
• There is a limit of 3 submissions per artist.
All of the following materials are required to be included with your submission to be considered for this great opportunity.
• Images of each piece of artwork (see instructions below).
• Artist Statement – write a brief statement about what art means to you personally and/or culturally – 1 page maximum.
• Portrait (optional).
Instructions for Image Formatting:
• Submit one full view image and (we recommend) one detail and/or another angle of the artwork each submission.
• We prefer high quality jpeg files, and the images must be oriented properly.
• Label the images clearly if you are submitting multiple pieces of art. Include your last name in the file name.
(example: Jones1.jpeg , Jones1Detail.jpeg).
• If for whatever reason you do not have access to a camera or the means to complete the image requirements, please call Daniel at the Crucible (510-444-0919 X106) and we will
arrange a time to photograph your work and assist you with the submission process.
Submission Deadline: Friday, July 30th, 5:00pm
Notification Date: Wednesday, August 4th
Art drop off: Saturday August 13th 10am-2pm
Sunday, August 14th 2-5pm
Monday August 15th 5-8pm
Opening Reception: August 19th 6-9pm
Closing: October 1st
Email ALL of the Required Materials and/or questions to:
Or you may drop off, mail, or fax submissions to:
c/o Daniel Stauber
1260 7th Street
Oakland, California 94607
(Office open Mon-Thurs, 10-6 and Friday 10-2; fax: 510-444-0918)