2013 Holiday Gifty & Open House
Saturday, December 14 | Noon to 6 pm
Sunday, December 15 | Noon to 5 pm
1260 7th Street, Oakland
Shopping at the mall was never like this!
Get your last minute shopping done at the Bay Area’s most unique holiday bazaar while supporting local artists and community arts education for youth and adults. Check out exciting live demonstrations including welding, glass working, metal casting, blacksmithing and much much more. Catch amazing fiery performances and wander through a maze of vendors with handmade crafts, perfect for last minute gifts. Step into a maze of artist booths with The Crucible’s own and other local artists selling their beautiful handmade art. From glass, metal, wood, ceramics, clothing and more, you’ll find that perfect gift for even the toughest person on your list.
- Beautiful handmade art for sale by local artists
- Live industrial art demos in every room with instructors and students on hand to answer any questions you may have.
- Photos with Santa – Soul Catchers Foto will be on hand to take professional photos with the jolly man himself
- Great deals on bikes – The Crucible Bike Shop has a selection of quality used bicycles that have been fully rebuilt by our youth and volunteer mechanics. Stop by the bike shop at this year’s Holiday Gifty for a test ride. In addition to getting a sweet, reliable ride your purchase supports our Youth Earn-A-Bike Program, our Youth Mechanic Program and our Community Bike Fixathons. Learn More…
- Tasty food and drinks from local vendors available for purchase
Current Vendor List
Event Location & Directions
1260 7th Street
Oakland, CA 94607
The Crucible has a very small parking lot on the corner of 7th & Union that will be available for both disabled placard parking and unattended parking. Those spaces are available on a first-come, first-serve basis and go quickly. There are also two paid parking lots in the vicinity that are often monitored. One is on Kirkham Avenue and the other is the 5th Street lot by BART. Please do not park in lots owned by local businesses or the residential area behind The Crucible; your car may be towed.
Ditch the car and don’t worry about parking – The Crucible is easily accessible by BART! From the West Oakland BART Station, exit onto 7th Street, turn right and walk 2 blocks east to Union (at the 2nd light). The Crucible is on the northwest corner of 7th & Union, at 1260 7th Street. To plan your BART trip, visit www.bart.gov.
- No Outside food or drink
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- Absolutely No Pets (except service dogs)
- No Roller-skates or heelys
- Smoking is only permitted in designated smoking areas
- No uncontracted fire performance or vending of any kind