The Crucible’s Fiery Fusion of Fashion Design and Industrial Art Returns this February!
The Crucible’s fiery fusion of fashion design and industrial art returns this February! One of our signature events, this multidisciplinary performance, is a collaboration between local Bay Area fashion designers and industrial artists mixing haute couture concepts with fine and industrial arts. Featuring stunning, cutting edge looks, fire effects, and runway walks rivaling Milan, this is the East Bay’s can’t miss fashion and art experience.
Friday, February 12 2016 | 7-11 pm
Saturday, February 13 2016 | 7-11 pm
Price includes three runway walks each night at 7:30, 8:30 and 9:30
$40 General Admission | $100 VIP
The Crucible, 1260 7th Street, Oakland (Directions)
Call to Artists
Do you have a passion for wearable sculpture? Are you part of a team who has dabbled in fashion design? The call for designs is now open and we’ll be accepting applications through October 30, 2015. Our 2016 theme is Ardor & Alchemy and we’re looking for proposals to reflect this theme in your designs. We also ask that designers incorporate some sort of fire into your runway piece.
Submit an Application:
- Minimum 500 word biography detailing your experience or desire to create wearable art. Please include any details of past experience, exposure with runway shows, relationship to The Crucible as well as name, address, email, websites and applicable links. Professional and amateur designers are welcome.
- Minimum 4 head-to-toe wearable looks to be created for the runway. Sketches, photographs (jpegs) are all acceptable formats.
- All complete looks must be imaginative and well executed. Wearable is a guideline. All designs should be flame resistant. Women’s & Men’s fashions are accepted and encouraged. Hair, make up and music must also be included as part of the descriptions for each look.
- List of team members, including hair, makeup, models, or musicians, if known.
Send your biography and proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org. Larger format files can be sent via dropbox or hardcopies delivered in person to The Crucible. Please contact us by email for any questions. No phone calls, please.
Event Location & Directions
1260 7th Street
Oakland, CA 94607
The Crucible has a very small parking lot on the corner of 7th & Union that will be available for both disabled placard parking and unattended parking. Those spaces are available on a first-come, first-serve basis and go quickly. Valet parking will also be available. There are also two paid parking lots in the vicinity that are often monitored. One is on Kirkham Avenue and the other is the 5th Street lot by BART. Please do not park in lots owned by local businesses or the residential area behind The Crucible; your car may be towed.
Ditch the car and don’t worry about parking – The Crucible is easily accessible by BART! From the West Oakland BART Station, exit onto 7th Street, turn right and walk 2 blocks east to Union (at the 2nd light). The Crucible is on the northwest corner of 7th & Union, at 1260 7th Street. To plan your BART trip, visit www.bart.gov.
- No Outside food or drink
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- Absolutely No Pets (except service dogs)
- No Roller-skates or heelys
- Smoking is only permitted in designated smoking areas
- No uncontracted fire performance or vending of any kind