Check out the online class schedule here, or download the interactive PDF of the catalog.
Now in its fifth year, Fuego has provided paid summer and school year opportunities for 30 young people. with the help of sponsor and West Oakland neighbor, CASS, Inc. (Custom Alloy Scrap Sales).
Noon to 5 pm — our exploration of the utensils and artistry of cooking, brewing, eating and drinking. Yes, there’s food and drink.
Fireside Lounge: Friday October 10
Our focus on The Crucible’s glass arts including glass blowing, flame-working, fusing and slumping, and casting and cold working.
Gifty: December 12, 13 & 14
Does the mall make you feel insane? Do your holiday shopping with local artists and handmade wares while celebrating creative culture and DIY spirit. We’re adding a special Friday night preview this year. Vendor applications are here.
Hot Couture 2015: January 9 & 10
The Crucible’s fiery fusion of fashion, flames and industrial arts returns in January 2015 for two spectacular nights of cutting edge looks. Tickets on sale this fall.
- Youth Fall Intersession Workshops
- West Oakland’s McClymond’s engineering students building custom bikes at The Crucible
- Maker Madness
- Hot Couture 2015 Call for Submissions
- Bike Fix-A-Thon – Sunday, August 31, 2014
- 2014 Fuego Youth Interns Celebrate Two Years of Art at The Crucible
- Final 2014 Summer Classes
- East Bay Mini Maker Faire Meetup & Project Sneak Peek
- Twenty-Three Youth Summer Camp Spots Left
- Saturday Sept. 13: Tools to Table Open House