Job Title: Marketing Coordinator
Reports To: Acting Marketing Manager
Date: September 20, 2017
Closes: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, final deadline to apply is October 13, 2017
The Crucible, Northern California’s most innovative and diverse industrial arts education center, seeks a multi-talented, customer-service oriented, and enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Marketing Coordinator.
We are a nonprofit educational facility that offers classes and workshops in the fine and industrial arts. We are widely recognized for our exceptional learning experiences, rich and varied arts programs, skilled and committed faculty, and unparalleled educational facilities. We offer classes and programs that impact as many as 10,000 people annually, with programs that attract people of all ages from throughout the greater Bay Area and beyond.
The Crucible has an immediate opportunity for a hard-working, detail-oriented Marketing Coordinator. This is an Oakland-based, full-time position that will drive growth, awareness, and engagement for all Crucible programs, across all marketing channels.
Schedule is negotiable, but would require occasional Tuesday-Saturday schedules (off Sunday and Monday), in order to help with social media and marketing coverage of weekend events and classes. Occasional evening work would also be required.
- Work with Acting Marketing Manager, graphic designer, service providers, and internal stakeholders to assist in projects designed to grow revenue and community engagement
- Create and distribute messaging, collateral, and content through marketing channels, including social media, advertising, website, email marketing, and other digital, print, and in-person avenues
- Manage social media accounts: daily posting and moderation
- Create, organize, update, and share marketing assets and tools, including photography, videography, documents, and templates
- Make updates to the website (WordPress and WooCommerce)
- Assist with the creation, monitoring, and optimization of marketing campaigns
- Support development of marketing automation and triggered email campaigns
- Support fundraising initiatives throughout the year
- Monitor and maintain lists and data quality within the marketing databases and systems
- Build and share reporting on marketing and revenue activities, effectiveness, and business impact
- Identify and execute on ways to connect with local media, community leaders, and key influencers to raise awareness and interest in Crucible programs
- At least two years of marketing experience, preferably in an arts or other nonprofit setting
- Highly organized with ability to work independently, meet deadlines, efficiently manage time, and prioritize multiple projects
- Very comfortable learning new software and familiarity with systems such as Salesforce, MailChimp, WordPress, and Google Analytics
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills – you must be an excellent writer
- High-level knowledge of marketing tactics, tools, and best practices with deeper knowledge of 1-2 areas
- High-level skill in copywriting, photography, and videography with deeper knowledge of 1-2 areas
- Ability to thrive in a high pressure, fast-paced environment with positivity and flexibility
- Professional and customer-focused with strong relationship-building skills
- An “always learning” mindset
- Passionate about The Crucible’s mission
- College degree in relevant field is preferred
- Experience with marketing automation software is preferred
- Data analysis skills are preferred
The Crucible is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin or sexual orientation.
Subject line: Marketing Coordinator
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Final deadline to apply is October 13, 2017.
- A cover letter detailing why you are interested in the role, how your prior work experience lines up with the above key responsibilities and skills, what your favorite/least favorite color is, and whether you are the most excited about producing writing, photography, or video
- 4-5 examples your work, including written articles, social media posts, photos and/or videos you have shot or edited
- A résumé
- Three reference contacts