The Crucible, Northern California’s most innovative and diverse industrial arts education center, seeks a multi-talented, service oriented, and enthusiastic individual to join our team as an Operations Coordinator.
The Operations Coordinator reports to the Director of Administration and Strategic Initiatives and works closely with Crucible staff to manage an active and important volunteer program, to coordinate all aspects of both internal and external events, and to manage rentals of our venue to outside groups or individuals.
You will be responsible for developing and executing volunteer recruitment initiatives to support the volunteer staffing needs of The Crucible, directing the day-to-day operations of the volunteer program, consulting with Crucible staff and assessing recruitment needs and the assignment of volunteers. You are responsible for successfully filling the volunteer needs for all events and programs, including our ticketed events.
You will also coordinate internal and external events. Open houses at The Crucible can attract over 1,000 guests, and you would be responsible for coordinating all aspects of event production, including permits and compliance, vendor details, faculty and volunteer schedules, on stage entertainment, and more. You will also respond to requests for venue rental from outside groups: The Crucible has been rented for business meetings, conferences, dinner celebrations… even weddings. You will coordinate all aspects of these rental events.
- Manage public programming both within The Crucible and outreach events
- Responsible for coordinating event schedules, floor plans, safety plans, fire effects and permits
- Help identify, contract, schedule and manage artists, performers and vendors
- Manage event staff meals and/or catering needs
- Coordinate event promotion plan with marketing staff
- Lead event meetings to coordinate and ensure consistent and accurate information
- Create proposals and budgets for event rentals
- Ability to attend all scheduled events, lift up to 30 pounds, and be on your feet during events, and must be able to coordinate all event dates
Volunteer Administration and Management
- Collaborate with Crucible staff to assess volunteer needs in the studio, office, youth program, and for special events
- Responsible for recruitment, screening, placement, evaluation, and any disciplinary actions of volunteers
- Assign volunteers to meet organizational needs appropriate to their interests and skills
- Coordinate and lead all volunteer training and orientation sessions
- Responsible for maintaining, revising, editing and distributing volunteer manuals, volunteer policies and information to volunteers
- Responsible for documenting and tracking appropriate volunteer statistical information and other volunteer program records using Salesforce
- Responsible for planning the annual volunteer appreciation party collaboratively with the Crucible staff and faculty
- Minimum of two years experience in special events and staff/volunteer management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal ability
- Strong organizational ability and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and to work in a team
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours as necessary
- Demonstrated project management skills, including managing and prioritizing projects with multiple and often competing deadlines, and ability to work under pressure
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Salesforce experience preferred
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to work with populations that are both economically and ethnically diverse
- Nonprofit, educational, and or industrial arts experience a plus
- Willing to work irregular hours including evenings, and weekends when required
- BA/BS preferred
- Must hold a valid CA drivers license
The Crucible is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.
Email: cover letter, resume, and three reference contacts to email@example.com
Subject line: Operations Coordinator