Each year, hundreds of passionate volunteers work to make sure The Crucible’s studio, front office and events are properly staffed while accruing hours toward discounts of up to 50% on tuition and membership costs. Volunteers must be at least 18 years old.
Block Time Volunteers
Block Time volunteers commit to a shift of four hours per week at a regularly scheduled time, assisting a Crucible staff person who supervises their time and tasks. Examples include studio volunteering, front desk, and tool room monitoring.
Special Event Volunteers
Volunteer roles usually include setup, teardown, greeting guests, security, fire-safety, art monitoring, and registering people for classes. Volunteering at events usually means YOU WILL NOT HAVE TIME TO WATCH THE SHOW. Our annual events include:
- Hot Couture (January)
- Fireside Lounge (February, May & October)
- Open House & Art Show (April, July & September)
- The Annual Soiree (April)
- GIFTY: Holiday Art Sale & Open House (December)
Youth & Community Program Volunteers
Field trips, bike fix-a-thons, earn-a-bike, special youth workshops and open houses at The Crucible require volunteers with previous experience successfully interacting with youth. Responsibilities include helping students with their projects, assisting the instructor with set-up and clean-up, helping youth with activities, greeting them at check-in, and escorting them in groups to watch studio demonstrations. Experience working in a studio environment is a plus.
Ten volunteer hours are required before accrual toward benefits begins. After the initial 10 hours, volunteer hours accumulate toward the benefits listed below.
- 1 volunteer hour = 1% off class tuition (up to 50%)
- Special Incentive Shifts = 10% coupon off class tuition; may be used as initial required 10 hours
- 10% coupons may be combined with volunteer hours up to 100% off class tuition.
- Can use hours to purchase a Crucible Membership
- 25 hrs = 1 year Firecracker Membership
- 50 hrs = 1 year Pyro Membership
- Volunteer must still pay studio fees for classes
- Volunteers can pre-arrange to donate their volunteer hours to a scholarship pool or another specified individual via the Transfer of Volunteer Hours form which MUST be completed prior to actually volunteering the hours they wish to donate.
- Volunteers may redeem their volunteer hours when they wish as long as they comply with all regulations.
- Volunteers are not eligible to register before 30 days prior to the start of a desired class.
- Volunteers must register in person or over the phone to receive their discount from volunteer hours. Registering online will not yield a volunteer discount.
- Once volunteer hours are used towards a benefit, they are voided and new hours are logged toward a new benefit.
- Other promotional discounts cannot be combined with accrued volunteer hours.
- Accrued hours may be combined with membership discounts.