Artist Rental Studios Are Currently Available
The Crucible currently has open slots in our leased studios, available to artists and makers who are interested in being part of our collaborative, creative community, and who can benefit from broad access to the tools and resources of The Crucible.
To apply, please fill out the rental application.
- 16′ x 16′ studio space
- $625/mo + $625 Security Deposit
- 16′ x 16′ studio space shared by two artists (8′ x 16′ each)
- $350/mo + $350 Security Deposit
- Monday—Friday: 10 am—10 pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 10 am—6 pm
Additional Benefits of Renting
- 16′ of industrial pallet rack shelving
- 120v electrical outlet (we do not currently have 220v)
- 24-hour access to your studio, bathrooms, and a studio sink in a secure building
- Studio Artists have access during Shop Hours to any area they have first been checked out in, giving scheduled classes priority.
- Keys to The Crucible’s private gate on 7th Street and to the rental studio entrance.
- Prime West Oakland location, 2 blocks from West Oakland BART.
- During studio hours the Tool Room will be available to renters and to check out and use Crucible tools. Tools must be returned 30 minutes prior to the end of studio hours.
- Access to all Crucible lab sessions, each quarter, FREE of charge (Studio Fees are the responsibility of the — long as prerequisties are met or approval by an instructor has been obtained.
- Pre-registration for labs will be necessary as there are limited spaces available.
- Tenants are encouraged to volunteer to contribute to The Crucible community and get to know studio management.
- Tenants are required to carry liability insurance.
- No open flame work in the Artist’ Rental spaces, including welding.
- Studio renters can have visitors to their private spaces any time, and to the general Crucible facility during studio hours.
- Only people currently enrolled in the CREATE program can assist studio renters with work in the studio or shop areas.
- Alcohol and smoking are not permitted.
How to Apply
- Fill out and submit rental application.
- After reviewing your application and if your applications is accepted, you will be contacted if a studio space is available or be put on a wait list for a future opening.
- If you are selected and agree to the terms and conditions of the lease, you’ll take occupancy and join the dynamic, collaborative group of artists in the studio!
- If you have questions regarding the studios, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org