Hone the skills you’ve learned in class, finish that elusive project, or start something new without spending a fortune on setting up your own shop.
Studio Access Lab time is monitored but not instructional. Our studios are fully equipped with everything you’ll need from brainstorming a project with the area leader, to the finishing touches on your creation. You must be a Crucible Member to sign up.
Blacksmithing Ceramics Glass Fusing Glass Flameworking Machine Shop Neon
- You must be registered in a class or be a member to register for studio access labs.
- You may only sign up for the area in which you are either taking a class or qualified from taking a class outside of The Crucible. Pre-qualification in an area or instructor approval are required if you have not taken a class in the area.
- Respect for safety, the facility and equipment is required at all times. You will only have access to the equipment associated with the area you have signed up for and only for equipment with which you are experienced.
- Access time prices do not include any materials. Some materials are for sale for use in personal projects.
- The Crucible retains the right to revoke studio access for any reason and will pro-rate fees paid, less a $40 processing fee. Fees will not be pro-rated or refunded for any other reason.
- Former Crucible students may register for access lab time in areas in which they have taken classes as long as they are Crucible members. If you are interested in an area and have not taken the associated class, purchase is subject to prior approval.
- You must engage in a brief interview with a Crucible staff member to discuss your skill level. If approved, you may then purchase the access time. These procedures are to ensure your safety and the safety of others participating.
- If you are a Crucible member who has never been a Crucible student, you must engage in the interview as described above. If approved, you may then purchase access time.