Artists Rental Studios
Calling all artists, amateur hobbyists and makers with limited space!
The Crucible has private and shared (work-only) studios available to lease for artists and artisans who are interested in being part of a collaborative, creative environment.
Join the vibrant community of artist and artisans of the Crucible. Tap into many opportunities, including classes, volunteering and access to tools and equipment.
16' x 16' studio space
$625/mo + $625 Security Deposit
16' x 16' studio space shared by two artists (8' x 16' each)
$350/mo + $350 Security Deposit
Benefits of Renting at The Crucible:
• 16' of industrial pallet rack shelving
• 120v electrical outlet
• 24-hour access to your studio, bathrooms, and a studio sink in a secure building
• Studio Artists have access during Shop Hours to any area they have first been checked out in, giving scheduled classes priority.
Crucible Shop Hours of Accessibilty
Monday - Friday, 10AM - 10PM
Saturday and Sunday: 10AM - 6PM
• Keys to The Crucible's private gate on 7th Street and to the rental studio entrance.
• Prime West Oakland location, 2 blocks from West Oakland BART.
• During studio hours the Tool Room will be available to renters and to check out and use Crucible tools. Tools must be returned 30 minutes prior to the end of studio hours.
* Access to all Crucible lab sessions, each quarter, FREE of charge (Studio Fees are the responsibility of the renter) - as long prerequisties are met or approval by an instructor has been obtained. Pre-registration for labs will be necessary as there are limited spaces available.
Tenants are encouraged to volunteer to contribute to The Crucible community and get to know studio management.
Tenants are required to carry liability insurance. No open flame work in the Artist' Rental spaces, including welding. Studio renters can have visitors to their private spaces any time, and to the general Crucible facility during studio hours. Only people currently enrolled in the CREATE program can assist studio renters with work in the studio or shop areas. Alcohol and smoking are not permitted.
To be considered for a rental studio or to get on the wait list :
1. Fill out and submit RENTAL APPLICATION
2. After reviewing your application and if your applications is accepted, you will be contacted if a studio space is available or be put on a wait list for a future opening.
3. If you are selected and agree to the terms and conditions of the lease, you'll take occupancy and join the dynamic, collaborative group of artists in the studio!
If you have questions regarding the studios, please email us at