Tools to Table: Fall Open House
Saturday September 12, 2015 | noon – 5 pm
Celebrate and explore the tools and techniques of making, creating and consuming food, drink, & flames! Our themed Open House events are a great way to learn more about the classes offered in the changing seasonal sessions.
This year’s Master of Ceremonies is Celebrity Chef Tanya Holland, of Brown Sugar Kitchen fame!
Celebrate with us and also enjoy watching demonstrations and activities like:
- Cocktail glasses made in our glass blowing department
- Bowl-turning in our woodshop
- Pedal-powered food making with a bicycle
- A butchering demonstration on the main stage
- Waffle making in our foundry with a special Crucible-designed sand casted waffle iron
- Hammered forks and spoons in the smithy
- A fire performance
- Art gallery walk
- $25 discount on same-day registration during the event
- Beer and wine for sale
- Wine Tasting
- A raffle for a Crucible-style picnic basket
- Demonstrations with Roya Spirits at 2pm
Local artists exhibition, including place settings designed by Crucible faculty and some of Oakland’s favorite small-businesses and home-grown food vendors onsite to educate and tempt your palates including:
- Barbarian Gourmet
- Three Stone Hearth
- Tart Bakery
- City Slicker Farms
- The Stroopie Gourmet
- Keena’s Kitchen
- Zella’s Soulful Kitchen
Open houses are open to the public and children are welcome. Parents of small children will need to pay special attention as this space does have rough edges.
We’d like to thank Linden Street Brewery for their generous donation of beer!
We are excited to announce that this year’s Master of Ceremonies is Celebrity Chef Tanya Holland! Join the Brown Sugar Kitchen maven on site 2-4pm. She’s also generously donated an autographed copy of her cookbook Brown Sugar Kitchen, which you can win in our raffle basket.